Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Rats!



I woke up to a sight like this greeting me this morning in my bathroom. That'll get your blood going! I gentlely closed the lid and walked back through the bedroom. Lisa woke up and asked what I was doing. "There's a rat in the toilet" I calmly replied. I put on some work gloves & went back into the bathroom. As I stared at the toilet I played out my options. I could: A) flush the poor little bastard, but that could clog the toilet, B) grab him & run out of the house then throw him across the yard hoping a stray cat would find him, but then again he could just come back in the house, or C) reach in there and hold him under the water to drown him, but he could bite me. Then I saw it, the plunger! I used that to drown the little guy then grabbed him by the tail to dispose of the body. This is the fourth rat to meet his/her untimely dimise on my watch & each time the grim reaper has taken a different form: trap, poison, squashed by a pot & drowning. Next time I'm going for a flaming aerosol can. Until then no more blindly sitting in the dark during a late night potty run.

4 comments:

+ Alan said...

AAGGHH!! Dude! IN the toilet! That's nuts. We had one in our garage before who tried to eat through the door frame to get inside the house - poison. We also trapped about 23 mice in our garage once - yikes! None in the new place at this point. Seriously - and I do that dark on the toilet thing too when I get up in the night.

Beth said...

Oh my goodness! That looks like a wombat! See, you need Little Kitty Brown Toe back there. Whoa! That's huge. Keith wants to know if it's a big rat or a small toilet.

Lisa said...

Please excuse/forgive my husband for leading you to believe that this was an actual photo of THE rat. He edited a couple images he found online to come up with this. The real rat, while not as large as the image, was a pretty good size & I refuse to use the potty in the dark anymore.

Beth said...

Thank goodness that wasn't the actual rat!