Saturday, March 03, 2007

Ouch!

I was in a car accident yesterday afternoon. I guess it was only a matter of time when I have 100 mile roundtrip commute everyday for work. I was taking a short cut on some surface streets in Tampa because the interstate was backed up. A woman in a small Toyota Tacoma pickup truck pulled out from a side street right in front of me. I was going about 30 mph & barely had time to hit the brakes. I hit my knees on the dash and had neck/back pain. I also got a nice seatbelt burn on my neck. EMS put a c-collar on me, strapped me to a backboard & took me to the ER. Backboards are NOT comfortable. My xrays checked out & I was realsed after 4 hrs in the hospital. Today I am sore all over & most of my neck, back, shoulder & chest muscles are very tense. Fortunately my airbags did not deploy because my front end nosed down when I hit the brakes. Now I've got to deal with all the hassles of getting the car repaired, getting a rental & dealing with her insurance company (Infinity) which has been less than helpful so far. My insurance company (State Farm) has been great--you get what you pay for. Of course the irony here is that I am a Claims Manager for Personal Injury auto claims for another insurance company (Mercury).

1 comment:

Will Young said...

Tom...sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you are ok.