Sunday, March 11, 2007

Please don't molest the gators!

Just got back from our community's camping trip at Hillsborough River State Park (click here for pictures). I think everyone had a really good time. I held up pretty well dispite some lingering back pain from my accident. Last night one of the adults took the kids on a flashlight hike. The went down to an overlook are by the river. My Mary noticed two glowing eyeballs in the water as she scanned the surface with her flashlight. Sooon they were all lighting up the gator & watching it swim back & forth as it moved closer to the shore. Then all of the sudden it made a loud splashing noise as if it was lunging out of the river. Everyone screamed & took off running. Fortunately, no one became a gator snack. I guess that's why they put up signs like this one...


No comments: